Even in the 21st Century the workplace is still dangerous with far too many accidents, resulting in employees being injured in a variety of ways; particularly trips, slips and falls.
EAD’s specialist trips, slips and falls solicitors have a wealth of experience in dealing with claims of this kind. If your employer is at fault or, to put it more technically negligent or in breach of Health and Safety regulations, you are entitled to compensation.
The action you take immediately after the accident can be crucial in determining whether you win your claim:
• You must insist that the accident is entered in the accident book accurately
• Do not sign any documents unless you agree 100% that they are correct
• Record the names and contact details of any witnesses. At this early stage, if they are willing, they can even write out and sign an informal statement and give it to you
• If appropriate take a photograph
• If you go to hospital or your GP, make sure that it is recorded that you had an accident at work
Examples of slip and trip compensation claims that are often successful:
• Failure to repair or warn of a tripping hazard (e.g. a raised carpet tile or hole in the floor)
• Failure to light an area adequately
• Failure to use a suitable flooring material in the workplace
• Failure to provide handrails or other safety measures on stairs
For more information on how to pursue your slip, trip or fall at work claim please contact us on 0151 735 1000 and speak to one our personal injury solicitors today. Alternatively you can request a call back and one of our Liverpool solicitors can call you at a time that’s convenient for you.
Extremely happy with the outcome of my Personal Injury Claim and can only thank Paul McCarthy and his team at EAD Solicitors and also Tim Trotman my barrister arranged by EAD, for all their work and efforts on my behalf. As such I would highly recommend EAD to anyone in need of their service. Once again thanks to all involved.
Brodie Martin, Merseyside
Excellent, very professional, approachable when I needed advice. I would just like to say thank you to your staff.